Dried figs are mainly produced in California and are made by the sun. Dried figs can be eaten directly, or they can be soaked in water to restore it to its original shape, and then boil the fruit, or chop it and add it to baked goods or snacks. Dried figs are generally egg-yellow in color.
Are dried figs good for you the effects of clearing heat and detoxification, resolving phlegm and dampness, and can also promote body fluids, quench thirst, and invigorate the spleen?
The nutritional value of dried figs
- Dried figs are rich in selenium, which has the special functions of supplementing selenium, strengthening the body’s immunity, and resisting diseases.
- Dried figs contain malic acid, citric acid, lipase, protease, hydrolase, etc., which can invigorate the spleen and eliminate food, moisten the intestines, and lax.
- The lipase, hydrolase, etc. contained in dried figs can reduce blood lipids and break down blood lipids.
- Dried figs contain citric acid, fumaric acid, succinic acid, malic acid, propanoic acid, oxalic acid, quinic acid, and other substances, which have anti-inflammatory and swelling properties, and can relieve swelling and pharynx.
- Dried figs contain “benzaldehyde”, which has anti-cancer effects.
The efficacy and function of dried figs
- Dried figs contain malic acid, citric acid, lipase, protease, hydrolase, etc., which can help the human body to digest food, promote appetite, and because it contains a variety of lipids, it has a laxative effect;
- The lipase and hydrolase contained in dried figs have the functions of lowering blood lipids and breaking down blood lipids, which can reduce the deposition of fat in blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure and preventing coronary heart disease;
- Dried figs have anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling effects, which can relieve swelling and relieve throat
- The serum of immature fruits contains active ingredients such as psoralen and bergamot lactone, and an aromatic substance, benzaldehyde, can be extracted from the juice of mature fruits.
How to make dried figs
In the summertime, usually use a professional drying room to dry figs in a dry climate and dry ripe fruits.
In fine weather, harvest the ripe fruits and place them on flat support or other air-permeable containers one by one according to the variety and grade. Place them in the sun and dry them naturally or in a ventilated place.
When drying, it must be turned, squashed, and shaped frequently; when the water is dispersed and the fruit icing sugar has increased to about 50%, it can be stored in bags.
Slicing and drying can be used for figs that cannot mature in the later stage of growth.
1. Manually slice the fruit slices with a thickness of about 0.3 cm, and spread them on an empty drying rack or on a clean flat ground. After drying, put them in a plastic bag for storage.
2. Use a slicer for slicing, use a dryer to dry, or use the sun to dry naturally. Dried fruit slices can be used as raw materials for making preserves and beverages.
Dehydrate and dry
Fresh fruit → washing fruit → steam peeling (blanching) → vacuum drying (dehydration) → packaging → preservation.
Dehydrated dried fruits can be used as edible products, as well as raw materials for making cakes and soups.
Drying is often used in production areas with high temperature and humidity in summer, where ripe fruits are dried.
After harvesting 80 to 90% of figs, they are dried in a dryer according to the following process:
washing fruit → steam peeling (blanching) → loading → drying → shaping → the packaging → preservation → product. Dried fruits can be used as raw materials for preserved fruits, beverages, and cakes, and can also be used directly.
How to eat dried figs
Use 5-7 figs, put them in water and cook them, and finally mix them with other juices or take them directly to treat chronic diarrhea.
The figs are eaten raw. Here is also the practice of Hong Kong.
Use 10 pieces of dried fruits, add fresh pork, and take them after they are cooked. This method can treat hemorrhoids, anal prolapse, and constipation.
Use fresh figs or dried fruits in an appropriate amount, add rock sugar, and stew with water to treat dry throat and hoarse voice caused by lung heat.
Pour the fresh fig juice into about half a cup, mix it with boiling water, and take it once a day for several days to relieve the symptoms of asthma attacks.
Contraindications of dried figs
Suitable for the crowd: the general population can eat. It is especially suitable for people with indigestion, poor appetite, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis, cancer, and constipation.
Contraindications: Patients with fatty liver, patients with cerebrovascular accidents, diarrhea, and normal potassium cyclic paralysis are not suitable for eating; those with loose stools are not suitable for eating raw.
How to store dried figs
The medicinal value of dried figs is very high, the flesh is soft, the inside is multi-seed, and the flesh contains polyphenols.
Dried figs are mainly used for the treatment of sore throat, dry cough, and hoarseness. Postpartum women who lack milk during lactation can also eat dried figs to increase their milk. People with poor appetite, indigestion, diarrhea, and diarrhea are also very suitable for eating dried figs.
are dried figs good for you rich in nutrients, fine and refreshing, moderate in hardness, and are especially suitable for patients with indigestion, loss of appetite, and high blood fat.